cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some fields are disabled depending on the input data

YuliTan
Level 3
Hi.. 
I have Screen A where I need to perform update and contain 6 fields. 
Let call them Field 1 to Field 6

There are 2 fields _ Dropdown Field 5 and Dropdwon Field 6 - which are enabled or disable depending on what is the data inputted in Field 1.

Issue:
I create the object and spy all 6 fields and put them in sequence input order. 
Else the field is disabled then I get error that element is unmatch. I don't supply the input data. 

How do I handle such scenario so that when the field is disabled the process still can run?

------------------------------
Yuli Ekawati Tan
Senior Consultant
Asia/Singapore
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can check it's state. If you spy with AA then you can see it's default action. let's suppose you spy for a Label to have an Anchor tag (<a>) it will be with anchor tag after you press a previous field. You can check if this field has Default action ==> Jump or so. If has default action, then is not blanked so you can move further on by pressing it.

If has no default action, this means you have to do something into the first field, put a dot etc.

Hope it helps!

Cohen
RPA Developer

Romania

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can check it's state. If you spy with AA then you can see it's default action. let's suppose you spy for a Label to have an Anchor tag (<a>) it will be with anchor tag after you press a previous field. You can check if this field has Default action ==> Jump or so. If has default action, then is not blanked so you can move further on by pressing it.

If has no default action, this means you have to do something into the first field, put a dot etc.

Hope it helps!

Cohen
RPA Developer

Romania