cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Element

RohiniPatil1
Level 3
Hi, I am spying one element in Window application. its highlighted also. when I am running from that particular stage from where I have used that spied element its working well, but when I am running whole application(process) from starting, its not working. what will be the issue? any suggestions ? which I am spying is submit button
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rohini, What Matches are you using in the application manager? Also what type of spying has been used? (WIN, AA, HTML etc) Cheers, Lee.

I Tried by AA and Win both..same issue

What kind of element is it?

SidhyantaGhatak
Level 3
First Make sure u are spying with the Correct Category. Check for ""Identify"" in the Application Moduller option to see whether its spied properly. Apply a wait stage after each click bcoz sometimes due to delay in response it throws error.

SidhyantaGhatak
Level 3
First Make sure u are spying with the Correct Category. Check for ""Identify"" in the Application Moduller option to see whether its spied properly. Apply a wait stage after each click bcoz sometimes due to delay in response it throws error.

SidhyantaGhatak
Level 3

SidhyantaGhatak
Level 3

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
As per manual, try to find a combination of attributes that works. For example, if there is a single 'submit' button or text on the screen, you can only leave 'Value' ticked as an attributes in Application Modeler. Please note that this can make the element longer to identify and therefore it is best to have multiple attributes ticked. As per good advice above, do use timers if moving from screen to screen of the application. Finally, make sure you are connected to the application and there are no 'dual matching' happening.

Gulam_Basheer_A
Level 2
Hi, Put Wait stage and also set ""Double click"" in Navigation for the ""SUBMIT"" Button. -Basheer