cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Production Infrastructure

Hello guys. Here in Portugal we are planning our first Blue Prism Infrastructure for development and production environments. We will use remote tools in order to allow the access to the Interactive Clients (VM) by our developers. I have three doubts that Blue Prism guides did not clarify me and maybe some of you can help me in these topics: 1) We have created a Blue Prism DB in production environment, and we will replicate the DB in development environment. We need two different Application Servers to interact with the different DBs or we can just change the DB in App Server? We also need two Interactive Clients (one configured for Development and another for Production) ? 2) Our developers will access Interactive Client via a remote tool. Is it a Blue Prism Requirement to have a Interactive Client per developer, or the developers can share the same Interactive Client? 3) If we separate the Runtime Resource and the Interactive Client in different machines, i've read that a Blue Prism Runtime Resource needs to be configured to run on Windows logon. So, in order to have everything automated, we have to configure Blue Prism Login Agent in the Runtime Resource? Thank you very much for your time, Best regards.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Ricardo - do you not have someone who has done the Technical Architect training to help with these types of questions? 1) BP Server runs as a windows service, and it's possible to run multiple services in parallel on the same server machine. However, most people prefer to have a separate machine for Production, and another for Dev/Test. It's also recommended to limit the number of resources connecting to a server machine to about 100; if you have more resources you need more servers. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Inf… 2) Developers cannot use the same client simultaneously. 3) Login Agent is not essential for a resource machine, but it's very useful. Obviously a resource machine must be logged in with Resource PC running before you can run a process, so if you don't have Login Agent then you will have to log in manually and/or leave your resource machines permanently logged in. If you are using virtual machines then you must use a virtualisation technology that maintains a persistent desktop. RDP for example does not do this - once you disconnect from the remote machine the desktop disposed and recreated 'on demand' the next time you connect. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Blu…

John, thank you very much for your answers. Best regards