cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Issue on Windows based Application

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Hi, I am spying one element in Windows based application using AA mode. When I put my mouse cursor on that button it's highlighting the button on other part of the screen. Earlier it was working fine when I was using the desktop system but now this started an odd behavior on my laptop. Please refer attached screen snap in which Green rectangle is a button I wanted to spy and Blue rectangle is highlighting part of that button using AA mode. Can someone help to resolve this issue?
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Check the magification settings on your laptop - I bet it is not set to 100% as windows 10 seems to default it to something higher than that.  There is a knowledgebase article somewhere with the settings to correct it.

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Magnification settings are set as 100% only and I'm using Windows 8.1 in my laptop

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
@Denis__Dennehy: Can you please suggest any other solution to resolve this issue?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
As a sanity check, can you see if the highlighting is actually picking up a hidden button? The default attribute selection when you spy an element is not guaranteed to be unique and the onus is on the user to find the right combination of attributes. Sometimes you get 'false positives' where the attributes match an element that exists but is hidden from view.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Are you shouting Rushitv :-) John is correct - your screenshot suggests you might be highlighting a totally different element - either a hidden element or one on a different window.  Try ticking attributes such as visible/invisible/enabled/etc to ensure you are interfacing with the correct element. Even if the highlight tool is incorrect, if your attributes are correctly selected a write stage or click event would still work - if they don't then you need to spend more time figuring out how to uniquely identify the correct element.

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Thank you Danis and John for your help on this. This issue got fixed by changing the size of all items on a laptop to smaller from larger. (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display)  I've to switch back to the smaller size while working on the model and then switch back to larger size when doing a normal work. This is not the proper fix I believe but at least I'm unblocked on the current model. Thanks again!