cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying in Browser

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing web automation. I have to attach the file in the portal. I am able to do till clicking the attach button, but while opening the dialog box from the window I am not able to spy the whole dialog box in HTML Mode and also not able to spy the particular region where I want to enter the file name. I tried with other modes also but while spying I got an error that "There was an error during spying operation". I tried with region mode but I am not able to write the file name in the file path. Help me to solve this issue.
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello Firstly - if you have not already read it, I recommend the Browser Automation Guide. My guess is that you not attaching to the internal IE HTML COM process, you might be instead attaching to the outer IEFrame Windows process - the most relevant parts of that guide to you will proably be the bits related to the TabProcGrowth registry setting and the Child Index option when attaching (basically play around with these until you figure out how to attach to the correct process).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have another guess, try to spy the Window dialog box with the Win 32 mode in a different object ( a new one) and define your application wizard as a Windows Application instead of a Browser application.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The dialog is probably not HTML, that's why it won't spy. Here's a trick to try. Beforehand make sure IE is not maximised. Then when the pop-up is displayed, drag it so that it overhangs the edge of the main IE window. Then use Win32 mode to spy the pop-up. Sometimes Win32 mode cannot soy a dialog when it is contained within the main IE window, but just by pushing the dialog past the edge of the window you can spy it. Once captured, the Win32 element will work even if the dialog is within the main window, this trick is only to enable the initial spying.

LauraBroder
Level 3
I'm having the same issue. Dragging the dialog worked, in that it allowed the Win32 mode to at least see the box (i.e., highlight it so I could ctrl-click), but when I click I get the dreaded ""There was an error during the spying operation."" with these details: System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) Thoughts?

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
Ideally, you need to create a new object to attach to the window. The trick above might still work, if you fully save the object, close it, open it and attach to the application again and this is the first element that you spy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, Try using Firefox instead of IE cause IE creates Window from windows and Mozila opens an instance of Mozila so you don't need to create a new object to attach to it.