cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying issue/Application Issue

AbinashNayak
Level 2
Hi All, I had a scenario like in People's finder portal, while I am giving First Name &Last Name , then pressing search manually. Then I am able to find the search result. But when I am doing the same steps by using Bot, It is able to write the data in respective field but after pressing search, it is not giving any search result(throwing the error message that "At least one search criteria must be specified").  Please suggest me if anybody face this same kind of issue.
1 REPLY 1

SreekarKarna
Level 2
Hi Abinash, Scenario: Assumption: You are using Write Stage to enter the value in to the text box. There are few cases where the HTML button (Search Button in your case), will not get activated unless the value is entered as a keystroke. When you use write stage, it is passing the value as an argument but it is not keystroked in. You might see that value is entered but since textbox is not activated the search button might not be considering that your have already provided the search fields. Solution: Use Navigate stage, and use Focus action pointing to the textbox. Then use Global SendKeys to enter the first name and last Name. As Global SendKeys are nothing but keystrokes, this will activate the fields and let the search happen. Note: Make sure you always activate the application before using Global SendKeys. Hoping this helps. Thank you.