i have highlited in blue & yellow mark

Please help

------------------------------
Vikas Tandon
6 REPLIES 6

DaveMorris
Level 14
I'm not sure why it's happening with Calculator, but this happens sometimes with desktop apps. Calculator must do something as it is launching that causes Blue Prism to lose hold of being attached to it. The workaround is to use the Utility - Environment VBO's action 'Start Process' or 'Start Process Read Stderr and Stdout', and then use a navigate stage to Attach to the app. It may also be useful to use the action 'Wait for Process' or 'Wait for Process Window' to serve as an intelligent wait while the app is opening.

So something like this order:
  1. Start Process
  2. Wait for Process Window
  3. Attach

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

​Thanks.

Issue is I can not identify the element Only.

ONCE i have the element i can perform action ...

ALSO same issue with the browser application
<<Identify button change to lauch>>

Vikas Tandon

Right, so what I'm saying is that the only reason the Identify button changes to Launch is that the app is disconnecting/detaching from Blue Prism. The Launch button shows while it's detached and the Identify button shows while it's attached. Normally, when you launch, Blue Prism is able to maintain attachment to the app, but sometimes Blue Prism loses that connection. Someone smarter than I am could probably explain why this occurs, but the fact the remains that this is a common issue, and the way to handle it is by attaching after the app is launched.

So, try this...

Go through the app modeller wizard again (like you did in the video), but this time instead of choosing 'My application is launched from an executable file', choose the other option 'My application will already be running...'. Then, you should see the button 'Attach' instead of 'Launch'. Open the Calculator manually and then click the Attach button. You should have the Identify button at that point. Alternatively, I think if you click the Attach button, it will just Launch the app if it's not open already. But after that you'll probably need to click Attach one more time.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

​no sucess.

refer the attachment

Vikas Tandon

KrishnaA
Staff
Staff
Hello Vikas,

Following Youtube video should give you insights on how to address your issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9yHkeRxk4o#action=share

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

This works. At least temporarily. 
The "Identify" buttons appears after clicking "Attach" just long enough to go into Spy Mode

Preben Andersen