cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying web/java elements

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hey, I'm having trouble spying Java elements of an application. The first problem I encountered was that the application is being launched via VApplauncher (exe file). This way I can't get the application to open (tried the Windows, Java en Browser based application modes). All failed. This because it's a generic application that opens the wanted applications for me. In the file-path you see a command after the .exe. (.exe /Launh "application"). I can't get this to work in the application modeler. But I noticed that to open the application it first opens IE, where you have to select the wright option to open the Java application. Therefore I made an object (browser based) to open IE en go to this first page and click on the option I need. After clicking on this option Java is opened and a log in screen appears. I tried two things to enter the login data: 1. I tried to use the browsed based object (which I created to open IE and click the option). In this object I can spy the elements of the log in screen, but not the window/application itself. I tried spying the username element (field to fill in the username) and directly after that I tried to highlight it. I got an error message it couldn't find any matching java elements. I tried spying elements using all the available spying methods, but they all can't find the window or the elements. 2. The other option I tried was creating a separate object and attach the log in screen to this object. I can't attach it to the object. I fill in the Windows screen name exactly as it is and use a * for any possible spaces/invisible tokens (also tried the " before and after the name). I look for the process by right clicking in the task managers screen on the application of the log in screen. This is always jp2launcher,exe. I use this in the application modeler. After finishing the steps in the application modeler I keep getting the message it can't attach the application. For this I also tried the Windows, Java en Browser based application modes with the same result. To make it a bit more complicated I also get a security warning (insecure website) just before the log in screen appears (can't spy/identify this either). I ignored this for now, because we're first making the happy path. I think this has a same (comparable) solution. The OS is a 32 bit system (Windows 7 Enterprise). I use Java version 8. Java bridge is enabled. Hope someone can help me. For more information/questions, just post or send me a message. Thanks in advance. Remko
8 REPLIES 8

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Figured it out!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am facing the same issue.Can you please help

JoannaWojciesze
Level 2
Hello Remko, I have the same problem - could you please share the solution you found? Regards,

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hey, To open the application I made a small adjustment in the command parameter. First I left out a space at the beginning, now I just copied everything after Vapplauncher.exe. That worked. To attach the object I used the Window name and process name. I made a fault in the process name. I put in the process name as jp2launcher.exe. But to make it work, you have to let the .exe away. After changing that the log in window was attached. Fortunately after this the application modeler could identify the fields for the username and password, which made things a lot easier. But to make this work, I had to make separate objects (1 to launch the application and 1 tog in, in the meanwhile there is a third to do some work in there).The launching, logging in and working part of the process all have different window names and process names, so I had to make three. Hope this helps a bit. Regards

JoannaWojciesze
Level 2
That is very helpful, Thanks a lot for sharing Regards,

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Also worth noting for future, the Utility - Environment object has a Start Process action that can be used to kick off command lines. I have often had to use this to start an appliction or batch file, then used the Wait for Process or Wait for Process Window action (also in the same object - I think) to wait for the command to work, and then finally I can attach Blue Prism to the running appliction window. This has got me out of jail on many occassions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm trying to spy Core (Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services), I have no problem to launched it, but I can't attached it with  "jp2launcher" as a process name, it work only with "Java" as a process name. 
When it's attached I can only spy Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services main window, but "Logon" is a pop up window and I can't spied it at all - it's not visible for the modeller.  
Please see screenshot attached. Outside window it's a IE, it's opening Java application window "(Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services" where "Logon" its pop up window that I can't make it visible...
I will appreciate any help...
Any thoughts...? 

Thank you,
Maciek

------------------------------
Maciej Neumann-Kochanski
RPA Developer
DPER - PeoplePoint
Europe/London
------------------------------

Hey!
Thanks for the help!