cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sqlite connection

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi team,
i didn't found any resource to connect sqlite to blue prism for doing some querys, the first question is: is possible to do that?
Then, i've just tried to set a connection through Data - OLEDB - Set Connection and connection string: 

"DRIVER=SQLite3 ODBC Driver;Database=C:\BluePrismTest.sqlite3;LongNames=0;Timeout=1000;NoTXN=0;SyncPragma=NORMAL;StepAPI=0;"

without success. Any idea?
Thanks in advance

------------------------------
andre a
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @ewilson,
thanks for the reply, in that case with microsoft.data.sqlite i don't need the odbc driver installed, is that correct?
For do that, i need to import that library on your odbc xml, the rest remains the same, is correct?

Thanks​

Vrat Himbo

@VratHimbo,

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. The Microsoft.Data.Sqlite library has its own set of required libraries. I took a quick look at it yesterday and there are several that NuGet pulled down when I compiled a test app. The only difference is that you could pull these individual DLL's yourself as opposed to having to run an install script.

Do you have permission to copy files to the Blue Prism installation folder? You would probably have to place them in that folder to make use of them. As I think most are native code.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

Good morning.
I am able to make connection to .db file using SQLite VBO. However, "Execute - Get Collection" page throws error i.e. SQL logic error no such table: <tablename> when trying to read the table in data base file.
Please see the code from SQLite VBO below. I am using BP version 6.4.
30064.png
Could you please assist? Thank you

Regards,
Kishlay

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore
Kishlay Singh Senior Consultant UOB Singapore

Hello @KishlaySingh,

Have you tried using the test process included in the .bprelease? I'm not seeing any ​issues with Execute - Get Collection action when I use it. The error you've shown implies that the table name you're using does not exist in the database. Are you sure you have the correct table name?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Thank you for the prompt response.
Table name is correct as I am able to query the table after tweaking the code. Please see the code which returns data as collection from the table below:
30074.png
I am just wandering why the SQLite VBO is unable to recognize the table. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you so much 🙂

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore

@KishlaySingh,

I think we figured out what the issue was. There was a bug in the creation of connection strings based on just passing in the database file location. We pushed an update of the VBO to the DX yesterday.​ You might give it a try if you have time.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Thank you so much for your assistance. Updated VBO is able to read the DB file.

Really appreciate your help. Cheers!​

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore