cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to store a value that my process will need to access and increment by 1 each time it runs. First run - Period ID is 54515.  Process increments it by 1 - 54515+1 = 54516.  I need to store 54516 Second run - Process needs Period ID to be 54516 Third run - Period ID should be 54517 Searched and couldn't find any.  My only solution is to store this value in an external file (notepad, word or excel - doesn't matter) then have process check there.  Does anyone have a better solution?  Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Hi Crystal, There are a few more options :) Create a Credential: Keep the username always the same - doesn't matter what. Store the number as password. Each time get the number with Get Credentials, and then after updating it (incrementing it by 1) you store it again. You'll get something like this in your calculation stage: ToNumber("""" & [Password]) + 1 Create a queue to track the runs: It takes the item, reads from preferably the item key the current Period ID. Stores it, And already add a new item ID incremented by 1 to the queue for the next run. (Then you can either close the current queue item - not the new one you just added - but since a queue is great for reporting you can keep it locked until the robot is nearly finished and update it with the final robot result: Completed or Exception) You can store it in a Database (Usually, Robots are not meant to run (only) local, and storing this value in a local file might give some trouble) Once you have the database, you can read it out, increment, store it. The system admin who helps setting up the BluePrism SQL database, can easily also create a small database for your robot. Those options are with my current experience with BluePrism 4 & 5 - Maybe in BluePrism 6 you have even other options that I am not aware of. Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for these ideas!  I will circle back with my team and decide which one is best for us to use going forward.