cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support For Server Queries With Over 2100 Parameters

AaronSchuman
Level 2
To preface my suggestion, the current version of Blue Prism that is being used in our application is version 5.0.24. The developers that I facilitate have a process that is scheduled to run every minute for several hours. As such, when anyone attempts to view the Reports or Recent Activity page they are often are greeted with the warning, that is attached to this topic, that "The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request." and then none of the ran schedules that are supposed to populate the page appear because Blue Prism ignores the error. This makes troubleshooting other processes that failed to start running far more difficult because the logs that are supposed to appear with the ran schedules also do not populate. I would like to suggest that Blue Prism be able to support displaying a far greater number of ran schedules in the Reports and Recent Activity pages, working around this limitation of SQL as necessary.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Aaron - thanks for the suggestion. This bit of your post jumped out at me - 'scheduled to run every minute for several hours'. Would it not be better to have 1 process run continuously, and make it sleep for a minute when there is no work to do?

AaronSchuman
Level 2
John, I believe I have suggested something like this to them before, but they still opted to proceed with their original plans. The only advantages I can see with doing it this way is the ease of development and providing implementation verification.