cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation. - Global mouse click centre

THAKUR_RANVEERS
Level 4
Hi,

In the Remote desktop connection, I've have spied the region but when I use the global mouse click. it doesn't click on the region. I've also used click center option. How can this be resolved?

------------------------------
THAKUR RANVEER SINGH
RPA DEVELOPER
IBM
Asia/Kolkata
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

So if you are using global mouse click center it means that you are using region mode for the OK button. What i saw from the first is that form behind it had some different values, so region mode will look  for the image first of the main screen i would suggest to use coordinates option on this case instead of image search in the region mode. If you use image search on the main screen every time you go to it will be different.

Ramon Nunez
Customer Solutions Engineer
Blue Prism Software Inc
UTC

View answer in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Typically when you create a region to interact with, it creates two objects - a parent and a child. Which one are you using? It should have the child listed.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

yes I using child element. but it is working when I run it from process studio. But when I run it from control room,Click doesn't work..

THAKUR RANVEER SINGH
RPA DEVELOPER
IBM
Asia/Kolkata

Are you sure the resource is unlocked?

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

I think yes , if you are asking about Remote Desktop connection it is unlocked .

THAKUR RANVEER SINGH
RPA DEVELOPER
IBM
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Thakur,

When it is running fine in debug mode ( from process studio), please try giving 1 sec wait ( Use Sleep Action) before you click the element because when you run from control room the actions will be fast and sometimes there will be chances that the process will try to click element before it appears leading to exception.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks,

Avinash Nyamati

Avinash Nyamati
Blueprism Developer
Aviva
Asia/Kolkata

Hello Everyone,

I am facing the same issue as Thakur Ranveer Singh. Global mouse click works on a spied region when running in debug mode, but does not work when run from Control Room. I have also provided a 1-second delay in addition to existence check wait. 

Additionally, the resource is unlocked since I have run multiple applications from Control Room.

Kindly provide a solution for this issue.

Regards,
Vivek Sinha

Vivek Sinha

Are you developing in the same resolution that the VM is in?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi Ami,

Yes, its in the same resolution. In-fact, I am successfully able to spy regions in other parts of my project. The issue occurs when a dialogue box pops up and I am unable to click OK within the dialogue box.

Regards

Vivek Sinha

Hi All,

I am attaching a video with the above mentioned error which will help you understand my issue.

Regards
Vivek Sinha

Vivek Sinha