cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation - image resolution

JodiBates
Level 3

Hi All, we are using Blue Prism version 6.10.5 and have several automations that interact with SAP GUI using surface automation (SAP scripting is not turned on).  In our existing environment these automations are running fine (images are being found).  

However, we are re-platforming and have had two new VMs built one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11.  The images are being found on the newly build VMs (windows 10 or 11) when run in debug but when run unattended in control room, the images are not found.  I have tried re-spying images on the new VMs but they are still not found.

I have checked font smoothing is the same for our current working VMs and the new VMs that are not working.  The display resolutions are also the same 1920 x 1080. 

I would appreciate any help.

------------------------------
Jodi Bates
7 REPLIES 7

expertcr
Staff
Staff

Troubleshooting this issue without seeing the environment is a little too hard. I have seen cases where this has happened because another application, like Windows updates, shows on the screen, and the automation fails running unattended. I recommend you enable Screen Capture when you have the error. That will help to see what happens the moment they fail.

I recommend you contact the support team with the previous information from the capture screen to help you.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Jodi - try running a test process that saves a screenshot as a bpm file. Looking at that file might help you understand the problem - there must be some difference between what is present at runtime and what was modelled at design time.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Here's a screenshot VBO

John Carter
Blue Prism

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

So we are looking for differences between environments that only show in unattended mode.

JCs screenshot idea is a great start.

Also, by any chance is the new VM going slower? You mention it works in debut but not unattended...

Also, worth checking if the persistence and consistency of how the new VM is set up is any different.  Maybe get to resolution at unattended runtime (always a good idea to do as part of initial checks at the start of a image using VBO.  

Make sure you use all the tolerance options in Surface Automations, I bizarrely once evidence colours displaying differently between servers (although your respy would have fixed that probably).

I have a screen shot and the SAP window is in the foreground.  I have also enabled screen capture when the error occurs.  I appreciate your advice and I am working with IT who support our VMs. 

Jodi Bates

thanks John I will try this.

Jodi Bates

Thanks for your suggestions, I am working with IT to try and determine any differences, nothing is obviously different as yet.

Jodi Bates