cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TN3270/TN3270E Type Emulator Not Connecting

Anonymous
Not applicable
  Hi, I need info on Emulator, As per my requirement i need to work on the type of TN3270/TN3270E Connection type emulator . I tried application type as IBM (COM API) and IBM(HLLAPI) and Generic HLLAPI but it's not connecting and triggering error like : Error - Failed to launch application  - Launch failed: Terminal Emulation - Could not load the dll - PCSHLL32.DLL I tried Generic HLLAPI one also, The given parms like DLL name: Full dll path of whllapi.dll and DLL entry- hllapi , Windows API. Here also getting error's. Please help on this and let me know the exact steps to connect this type of emulator (with sample parameters).   Thanks, Madhu
2 REPLIES 2

DhruvinPatel
Level 3
Hi Madhu, When you tried Generic API, what is the specific error that you're getting? Also, use dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to find out what is the entry point in dll. Check out the attached guide on how to use Generic API. - Dhruvin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dhruvin, Thanks for the response, some investigation later i found some extra details of my emulator. Currently we are using Rocket PASSPORT emulator and connection type TN3270.  Blue prism have option(supports) Rocket PASSPORT . When i'm trying connect(Launch) Rocket PASSPORT emulator, i'm getting the "" Error - Failed to launch application - Launch failed: Cannot create ActiveX component"". Please guide on this. Thanks, Madhu