cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabProcGrowth set to 0, now process no longer working with one application

CaroleBurn
Level 2
Hello All We've recently set TabProcGrowth to 0 as it was required for a new application, it was previously unset so allowed multiple IE processes to launch. This has caused processes which use an older application to stop working, you can step through but in Control Room the process will freeze at a certain point. BP stops logging, IE crashes and needs closed and the BP listener restarted. I think it's something to do with the attach stage but not sure what. Child index is set to 0 which I think is correct as it is one IE process. If TabProcGrowth is set to 1 Old App starts working but now New App has issues. I'm wondering if it is because TabProcGrowth = 0 forces IE to use 64bit which the Old App may not like but think this can only be proved by eliminating all other things it could be. Can someone help troubleshoot this please? Thank you Carole
2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
If you know which process(es) need what ahead of time, you should be able to update the registry via command-line using reg add. You can get documentation by running "reg add /?". This may require administrative privileges on the box, in which case you'll probably need to use PSExec from the PSTools kit.

CaroleBurn
Level 2
Hi Thanks for your reply, I did build similar yesterday which works and we can use as a last resort but would rather get the processes working changing the objects / elements or having one registry setting for all processes. We could break important processes if we changed one way and then for some reason it didn't get changed back! Carole