cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was an error during spying operation

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi all,
i've just read some post about this topic, but i didn't find any answer yet.
My problem is: i need to open internet explorer on a specific URL, then there is a windows security popup for credential, i'm able to scan that with UIA automation but when i try with Win 32 appear this error message: "There was an error during spying operation".
First question is: it is correct that it should be used as a last resort the UIA automation mode?
How can i interact with this element?
Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mohammed_OmerAl
Level 4
Hi Team

Thank you for highlighting this.

Please create new object for windows security popup for credentials and Spy using win32 mode. You won't get the error.

Note: you will get that error if u have attached to another window and simultaneously you are spying with different spy mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards

Omer

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Vrat,

In such scenarios, try creating a separate windows object and then attach it. If we use Win32 mode in new object, then you will be able to work on it.

Ritansh Jatwani
Consultant
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Yes, thank you very much, it solved my issue..

Now i have another problem, i need to interact with a java web-app based application (running on IE) but i'm not able to spy any item inside this app, also with java mode.
How can i fix it?
Thanks

Vrat Himbo

Mohammed_OmerAl
Level 4
Hi Team

Thank you for highlighting this.

Please create new object for windows security popup for credentials and Spy using win32 mode. You won't get the error.

Note: you will get that error if u have attached to another window and simultaneously you are spying with different spy mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards

Omer

Thanks for the reply, it works, so the step are: Object A: Launch web application
Step 2) Detach Object A
Step 3) Attach Object B
Step 4) Login Object B
Step 5) Detach Object B
Step 6) Attach Object A
Is that correct?

Vrat Himbo

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
If it is HTTP basic auth, simply try this as url:
http://login:password@example.com/

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

Hi @AndreyKudinov, unfortunately is not an HTTP basic auth, but thanks for the help.
How can i manage that at that point?​

Vrat Himbo

Venkata_Naga_S1
Level 2

Hi Vrat/Concerned readers

Issue is with the attaching the applications. Blue Prism suggests object creation structure with respect to different windows, different tabs. You should have different objects for different windows/different tabs.

I was working with Chrome and multiple tabs. In the attach function, I was passing all the possible window texts as a collection.

Example:

I had 2 tabs and 4 window texts. All 4 Window texts are listed in my collection. Now Blue Prism will attach both the tabs which are internally treated as 2 different windows. 2 windows attached to the same object causes the error "There was an error during spying operation".

Any one object containing different windows/popups should be separated into different objects. If you wish to continue with the single object structure, please detach the object every time after the use and attach the object with relevant window text.

Please read one of the author's answer to find out how to deal with it.

Thanks for the read.

Venkata Naga Sai Rajiv Somayaji Meduri
Sr. Member Technical
ADP Pvt. Ltd.