cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was an error during the spying operations - System.Application Exception

Hi, I have created one BluePrism RoBot for Web Browsing application. Based on scenario , After click on one button- another some window will open automatically and I cam not able to spy the element in HTML mode and when I try with Accessability Mode. spying I am getting "There was an error during the spying operations" And Details Error Details in below: System.ApplicationExeption: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypoInfo&elementType, List1 & identifier) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender,EventArgs e) I have to close this small with to continue the further process of web browser blueprism ROBOT. Can you please provide guide me to resolve the issue. Thanks Veer
6 REPLIES 6

ChrisWiles
Level 3
I am getting the same error when trying to spy a confirmation pop-up and wondering how to address these items in order to continue.

SUMEETMANGLESH
Level 3
I am getting the same error. Please help if you were able to resolve the issue.

JessicaWhite
Level 2
I am getting the same error with a confirmation pop-up. I have tried using the application navigator to identify the specific HTML element, which the pop-up doesn't seem to even exist on the web page. I have also tried using surface automation. Surface automation only works some of the time, however when I am displaying on a different screen with a different aspect ratio, it knocks the surface automation piece out of whack and then it doesn't work. I'm stuck, and I have UAT in less than 2 hours. I'm not quite sure how to go about fixing this. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

RobHamlin
Level 3
Managed to resolve this issue yesterday. You need to detach from the main browser window, and reattach to the popup window.  Once this is done, you can spy the popup. You will need to perform this step in your business object as well. Detach from the main window, attach to the popup.  Once you're finished with the popup and it is closed, you then need to detach from it again, and re-attach back to the main window.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Well figured out Rob.  The issue was being caused by you were attached and trying to interface with the incorrect IE process thread.  Attaching to the pop up seperately fixed this.  For everyones knowledge - best practice is not to detach and reattach within your main Object, best practice would be to create a seperate object for your IE pop ups (each process thread should be treated as a seperate application).  That should not be too complicated, if you are following best practices you should already be creating lots of small objects for your applications rather than having one large object.

LucyLu
Level 2
My issue is that the IE pop up does not always appear. Usually I will have a smart wait to see if there is any pop up, if not (in certain period of time) then I move on to the next step. How do I perform a smart wait on something in another process thread without detaching/reattaching? Thanks!