cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time and Timespan types

AmitMane
Level 3
Hello team,

I am new to Blue prism and exploring data types. I have created process which accepts variable of type Time and Timespan and writing these two values in File. I exposed this process and invoking it via Java code. 

For Time variable , when I passed value in "HH:MM:SS" format process removes second value in file.
eg : I passed "16:10:10" then output in file is 4:10 PM. Why second value is not persisting in file?

In case of Timespan I passed value in "Day.HH:MM:SS" format then value written in file is completely different.
eg : I passed "02.03:04:05" then value in file is "0.00:00:02". Looks like I am missing something in case of Timespan.

Can anyone tell me which are standard formats to pass to variables of type Time and Timespan from external code.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Amit Mane
5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @AmitMane,

I believe your time is being written to the file based on your system Short Time format for your locale. You can probably override this by using the FormatDateTime function within a Calculation stage to create the specific format you want to output.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Thanks Eric for your inputs.

Do you have any suggestion for Timespan format issue?

Amit Mane

I'm a little confused by the TimeSpan one. What locale is your machine set for? Are you using the Utility - File Management VBO to write out to your log file?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric, 

For Time type, I have checked system's Short Time format  it's "h:mm tt". So as you mentioned I tried to use "FormatDateTime" function. But I couldn't figured out how to pass variable of type "Time" to this function. It will be great if you give me example,

Regarding Timespan local is "English (United States)" and I am using "Utility - File Management VBO" to log both Time and Timespan variables.

Amit Mane

EVIPUTI
MVP
Just try to search for zeros in the Timespan and remove it, and make sure to find at which position it found zeros, based on this you can decide whether it is days/hours/minutes/seconds.
For example:
Time Span = 0:00:09:18 ..In the above scenario, zero is found at position 1 means it is zero day. and second zero is at position 7 ignore it. (you should consider only 1,3,6,9) and so on.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------