cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed out waiting for all sessions to start

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5

Hi,

few weeks back we upgraded BP to 7.1.2. Since that time occasionally schedulers are not triggered properly.
In a scheduler report there is an error:
Task: [taskName]: Timed out waiting for all sessions to start

Scheduler starts tasks on multiple runtimes, but in the same time there are other schedulers, which are running as they should.

What does this error mean exactly and what is possible cause?

Best,
Ł

4 REPLIES 4

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5

Hi Harish,

thanks for the links 🙂
The solution from Alexander is known to me, the next two links are connected with my question, but they don't solve it.

My assumption is that, in version 7.1,2 the scheduler is waiting until all sessions were started/created and only then it will run - if a runtime lost it's connection (e.g. it's temporary unavailable) it will broke whole scheduler.

I notice that the timeout for a task start is about 10 minutes, but I couldn't find this value in settings.

Is there a way to force BP to start a scheduler on VMs, which are available when timeout is reached? Where to find the timeout value?

Thanks!
Ł

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5

Sorry for dragging you into this @ewilson, but maybe you will have a hint about question. Till now didn't find any info about timeout for all session.

Thanks!
Ł

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Have you opened a ticket with support regarding this? Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you. Based on my understanding of how the Scheduler works you've got an open communication channel between the Scheduler and the RR. It's just that the RR's not reporting session status within the 10 minute countdown timer of the Scheduler (as far as I know that 10 minutes isn't configurable).

• Assuming a valid communication channel between the Scheduler and RR, the Scheduler sends a start request to initiate a session to the RR.
  • The Scheduler then listens for any session creation and checks each created session to see if it is the one it requested.
  • Every 5 seconds, the Scheduler checks to see if all sessions have been created yet. If it reaches 10 minutes since its internal stopwatch was started, it aborts the schedule with the message "Timed out waiting for all sessions to start"

Are you able to identify is this issue only happens with the specific RR's?

Cheers,

Eric