cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To know the execution time of an web service

Deepa_SankariRa
Level 3
Hi, How can I know the execution time and status of a process running as an web service and also where do I see the log for web services in blue prism. In my case, I have to know whether the particular web service process has been executed successfully because I am running the process externally in SOAPUI using the wsdl not in blue prism process studio. Thanks, Deepa
4 REPLIES 4

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi Refer to the follwing document: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Blu… Business Object based web services must be initialized before use. There are two methods available: Manual Initialisation: Provides full control of the life cycle of the Business Object. Achieved by using the Intialise action to receive a Session ID which is then used to populate the bpInstance input parameter on subsequent actions. Auto-Initialisation: Reduces the number of steps required as part of calling a Business Object action as Blue Prism handles the initialization of the Business Object on behalf of the user. Achieved by setting the parameter bpInstance to have a value of “auto”. When selecting which initialization mode to use the following should be considered: With auto-initialization, any global variables defined within the Blue Prism Business Object will remain initialized across each relevant web service request. If using manual initialization a session will be displayed within Control Room each time the Business Object is initialized where-as with auto-initialization, a single session will be used for all actions taken against a given web service.

Deepa_SankariRa
Level 3
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Here Im using Business Process. For an Business Process I cant find any instillation! and also I want the status of that process whether it is still running or some error occurred or it got completed.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi I suppose you can find the process's log in the Runtime dialog, in other words, in the Windows Event Log. Such as Session ... started, Session ... completed. Also, I can find the process logs in Session Management. Check out a Process named as FavouriteFruitLookup. https://portal.blueprism.com/product/documentation/4-2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
A process running as WS will only return a value when it completes and there is no API for retrieving session status or logs. Maybe a better design would be to use a work queue and have 3 smaller processes: 1) Add Case to Queue (in: case details, out: item details) 2) Work Case (in: item key) 3) Get Case Status (in: item ID, out: status)