cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: error on run but not step through

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Urgent request - I am receiving an error when I run a process but not when I step through it. Any reason anyone can think of to find this error?

------------------------------
Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan
4 REPLIES 4

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi Narayan,

You need to provide a bit more details for better answer but I think it may be due to running speed. When You go step by step then Application has time to load elements after interaction (for example changing the page). When You run process at full speed then without appropriate wait stages it may happen that You interact with elements that does not yet exist (because app didn't have time to load them). 

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Narayan,

Not that I have any specific experience with Blue Prism yet, but as Michael stated, timing (lack of Wait stages) could be the common issue based on the community posts I've seen so far. 

Also, does the Windows service ID that executes your RPA have enough permissions in the environment it is executing in?   For instance, permissions to any certificates, shares or other applications being referenced.   You might try logging in on the system with the service ID and step through your process again to see if anything unexpected happens.

Did your Exception handling bubble a useful message?

Fred Bullmer

This email message and its attachments are for the sole use of the designated recipient(s). They may contain confidential information, legally privileged information or other information subject to legal restrictions. If you are not a designated recipient of this message, please (a) do not read, copy, use or disclose this message or its attachments and (b) notify the sender by replying to this message and delete or destroy all copies of this message and attachments in all media. Thank you

------Original Message------

Hi Narayan,

You need to provide a bit more details for better answer but I think it may be due to running speed. When You go step by step then Application has time to load elements after interaction (for example changing the page). When You run process at full speed then without appropriate wait stages it may happen that You interact with elements that does not yet exist (because app didn't have time to load them). 

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
As mentioned by the other posters, difference in execution speed (slower inside the process studio, much faster inside the control room) is likely the cause of this.

Areas you can try to look at include:
  • Near the beginning of every action of your objects, use wait stages to wait for specific conditions to occur, such as the presence of certain application elements, or for the entire document to load for javascript heavy websites
  • Using wait stages for any objects where actions move from one screen of your application to another.  For example, if you have an action that clicks on a link, have a wait stage before the end of the action that confirms that you have correctly reached the next page
  • Keyboard input or keystroke timing in navigate or write stages of objects

James Man
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

dfry
Staff
Staff

Hi Narayan

What is the actual error message please? I just wanted to check if the answer is in our knowledge base for you. The suggestions by other posters look correct to me but just wanted to check anyway.

Thanks very much 🙂

dean fry
Content Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London