cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach to Active Directory

StaceyShell
Level 2
I am currently having a problem attaching to Active Directory. I did my spying using one account and when I logged in as a different user, the attach wouldn't work. I tried to add the username as an input, but that did not make a difference. The two usernames have different access, but the steps that I completed were the same for both levels of access. Has anyone else had a problem attaching to an application when you log in as a different user from your current account?  My steps that spied correctly and then could attach:  Double click on application which takes your window ID Select domain Click Find User Attach will not work when I do the following...I am trying to attach on Step 4 after I've already logged in.  Log in by Shift + Right click on the application.  Select Log In as different user Enter credentials Do same steps as above ...Select Domain Click Find User
3 REPLIES 3

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Staceyshell I am guessing you mean ""Active Directory Users and Computers"", when you write ""Active Directory"". I set the application modeller path to the application executable to: ""C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe"" and the command line parameters to ""C:\Windows\System32\dsa.msc"" and then launch that element without other inputs. I am guessing you can do this instead of the step: ""Double click on application which takes your window ID"". Good luck.   BR, Mustafa

Simon_AndrePede
Level 4
I noticed when i worked with this application I had to make sure Blue Prism had administrator rights, before anything worked. Maybe when you switched user, it lost those access rights.  btw, Microsoft have some neat c# or vb code you can easily execute to perform many actions inside Active Directory, save you alot of time navigating in the application. 

alanaguerin1
Level 2
I was facing the same issue and below steps resolved the attach problem!

If you haven't already, install and run Blue Prism as an administrator.

To run Blue Prism as an administrator:
-Hold down the Shift key
-Right-click on the Blue Prism icon on your desktop
-Select "Run as administrator"
-Create and execute a Blue Prism object

------------------------------
Alana Guerin
------------------------------