cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to consume secure webservice.

SunilKumar1
Level 3
Hello Team,

I want to consume our internal webservice.I am able to access webservice using browser.When i am configuring webservice in BP it is giving me below error The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I have user id and password but dnt know how i can pass these to webservice.I am able to authenticate and call same webservice using console app but I need technical assistance to call same webservice from BP

------------------------------
Sunil Kumar
RPA Engineer
Encore Capital Group
2 REPLIES 2

EmersonF
MVP
Hey, how are you?
Type in your browser http://localhost:8181/ws/ to view the processes that are exposed, to view it you must click on the process link that appears or use http://localhost:8181/ws/processname?wsdl.
To test it using the SoapUI software, add the endpoint of your process to SoapUi, fill in the parameters (if any) and add a basic authentication to pass your username and password from the blue prism and click run, doing this you should succeed on your test.

Link SoapUi : Installing SoapUI on Windows, Mac or Linux | Getting started

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Sunil,

Based on the information what you have provided, I can only tell your web service uses HTTP protocol to transfer data. But this is not sufficient to assist you further.

Can you please clarify what is the nature of your web service? Is it SOAP or RESTful? In addition to this, what authentication method does the web service use? e.g. HTTP Basic Authentication, oAuth 1.0, oAuth 2.0 and etc.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney