cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Blue Prism Learning Edition Database due to file missing of non-existent Win user

Sergio31415
Level 2

The problem:

I was working with Blue Prism Learning Edition on Windows 11 under a user account that we may call "OldWindowsUser." However, I encountered issues with my PC and had to reinstall Windows 11, supposedly deleting everything. Then, I created a new Windows account, let's call it "NewWindowsUser."

Now, In my clean installation of Windows 11 I attempted to install Blue Prism Learning Edition again. The installation process seemed correct, but after it prompted me to create a password for the default "admin" Blue Prism user, I encountered the following error:

"Directory lookup for the file 'C:\Users\OldWindowsUser\AppData\Local\Blue Prism Limited\databases\BluePrism.mdf' failed with the operating system error 3 (The system can't find the specified path.). CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors."

I don't even know how Blue Prism is aware that I previously had a Windows user called OldWindowsUser, nor why it's important to it.

What I've tried:
I assumed that there might be residual data left from the Windows 11 reinstall that still references my old user. Therefore, in addition to simply uninstalling Blue Prism, I attempted to delete every single thing related to Blue Prism. Following the Uninstall section of the

v6.6 Getting started - Blue Prism Trial and Learning Editions_1.pdf

which I quote here:

Open the commandline
Run the following commands to stop and remove the local database instance:
• "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb" stop blueprismlocaldb
• "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb" delete blueprismlocaldb
Open Windows Explorer
Remove the following configuration folders:
• C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Blue Prism Limited
• C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Blue Prism Limited
• C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited
• C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local
DB\Instances\BluePrismLocalDB

I still get the same error. It still tells me that the files of OldWindowsUser doesn't exist and therefore can't proceed with the Database installation.

What can I do?

0 REPLIES 0