cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load shdocvw.dll or ieframe.dll in Blue Prism

WilliamZhang
Level 2
I am trying to use code stage to create and use Internet Explorer COM object in Blue prism, like this: Dim ie as InternetExplorer ie = new InternetExplorer But when I tried to add external .dll reference, I got "Unable to load reference library" error. I tried both "shdocvw.dll" and "ieframe.dll", both failed. Can anyone give me some hints? external reference setting Error message
4 REPLIES 4

VijayDodamani
Level 5
For external .dll reference, the .dll file should be preset under Blue Prism folder C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate Import the .dll with absolute path and and the namespaces required from the .dll file. Like wise you can create custom VBO's with your requirement. NOTE: This may cause errors while deploying the solution to other environment. The solution will be dependent on the .dll reference if not found, code/BOT will crash.

MateuszGierowsk
Level 2
Hello, The solution with placing shdocvw.dll in other locations is not helping. There must be way more serious issue with this. It would be nice, if someone at would explain why this happens. The issue is quite significant, because it makes it impossible to implement some specific code stages. Any ideas/solutions how to make BP cooperate with this library?

DaveMorris
Level 14
Any chance it's an issue with bitness?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

VeasnaKoeut
Level 3
The Strongly Named DLLs must be registered in the GAC either by using gacutil.exe in lower ENVs, or packaging the DLLs in an msi installer for PROD. Otherwise, you can use creative trickery with Reflection in C#... Gotta love Daves pro pics, lol.