cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read from multiline text box when text size is more than visible textbox area and scrollbar needs to be scrolled down

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI When I am trying to read multi line text, if the text is more than the screen and scroll bar appears. then it reads only the part which is visible. Is there a way we can read entire text in multiline text box even if the text is more than visible area. Regards Mustafa Salabath Khan.
1 REPLY 1

jgreaves2
Level 4
Mustafa, I have had the same issue with a Java hybrid application that refuses to read all the text when initially reading however, if there is a scroll bar and you are able to use it; scroll all the way to the bottom, then back to the top. This should make the information visible when reading the field. It worked for me, the only issue you may have if the quantity of information. I know I had to create a calculation stage to determine the scroll time/clicks depending on visible items within the starting window. Subsequently when there was a lot of items, this took a while due to send keys clicks and window validation. Give it a go and let me know how you get on. Thanks, James