cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy IE download file popups

susheel_maurya
Level 3
When I click a link to download a file in IE 9, the browser displays a small popup at the bottom of the page, asking to open/save/cancel. I can't figure out how to interact with that. It's not really a window. It's not really part of the HTML page either. It's something else. I can interact with those popups using Surface Automation. but I want to interact in normal mode or like java script popups (i.e. for Java script popups I created new object & attached window using window title then spied element in window mode.)
5 REPLIES 5

ArchiveUser
Level 4
Hi, I suggest you read the url to the file from the element and then use the BP object action ""Download File"" stored in ""Utility - File Management"". In that case you will not have to worry about IE pop-ups. Otherwise, I assume that Accessiblity mode should give you some options even though I cannot test it since I do not have IE 9 installed.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Susheel - it may be that you are not currently attached to the iexplore.exe instance that the pop-up belongs to. Try experimenting with a separate object that treats IE as a windows app to see if you can spy the pop-up using Win32 (red) mode. The message text and buttons etc should be reachable using AA (blue) mode.

susheel_maurya
Level 3
Thanks John, Now I am able to spy the pop-up using Win32 && AA mode (i.e. Open, Save, Cancel buttons), after clicking on down arrow of ""Save"" button, it open new popup with 3 button "" 'Save', 'Save As' and 'Save and Open' "", when I am spying those option, BP gives error ""There was an error during the spying operation."" (System.ApplicationException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e))

Hi Susheel, I usually do it the way that I send the down arrow through Global Send Key as the position of the buttons is always the same. That should help you to avoid the error message. Z.

susheel_maurya
Level 3
thanks zdenek, I m doing same as you have suggested..