cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy the File Attachement window elements like File Path, Open button. Is there any way to spy these elements?

Anonymous
Not applicable
we are trying to attach or upload a document as attachment to web application. we are getting the following error while spy the element of File upload window from web application in Accessibility mode. here are the error details: System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) please help us in resolving this. Much appreciated for the help. -Sri
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sri, I am guessing that you are trying to spy the attachment window in a business object which was created for a browser. My best guess is that the attachment window is not considered as a part of the browser application by your object and can therefore not be spied. Try creating a new business objects specified for the attachment window - this usually works for me when dealing with this type of problem. Best Regards, Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable
If u need to write onto the File path you can try Global Send keys....and then Tab to reach to the next button(Open or save). Also , u can try AA mode as it works sometimes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please send few details step by step. I have to attach a word file from local machine to a web page.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you seen this in the knowledgebase: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-do-i-interact-with-the-save-or-save-as-dialog-box-in-internet-explorer I know this is save dialog rather than upload dialog but maybe the answer is the same.