cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User permissions necessary to view session logs (v5.0.24)

FredericTaes1
Level 3
Hi,

we are currently facing an issue with my customer where users of a group cannot access the logs of a session. The client is using v5.0.24.
Below you can find the assigned permissions to the role:

20578.png20579.png
As far as I can deduct from the documentation found on https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Installation-Platform/Configuration/Roles-and-Permissions/1129845902/What-user-permissions-are-available-within-the-Blue-Prism-produc... , users with this role should be able to view session logs. However, this is not the case:

20580.png
Can someone help out with the reason why the logs cannot be viewed ?

------------------------------
Frederic Taes
RPA Consultant
RoboRana
7 REPLIES 7

JerinJose
Level 10
​Permissions that is given to the user role looks okey, its just matter of restarting the bp server service from application server to have the changes reflected. as per current roles in screen shot the user should be able to start process too. i can see those options are also graded out.

I also recommend upgrading to version 6 before end of life Support ends by OCT 1st

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Thanks Jerin Jose !

I have requested a restart with the responsible team. I hope it will resolve the issue !

Also, thanks for giving me another reason to explain the customer why an upgrade is necessary and should be done sooner rather than later 😉

Frederic Taes
RPA Consultant
RoboRana

JoakimEklund
Level 6
I think it may be that you need to enable some additional access rights under the "System Manager" tab. Such as "Business Object - History" etc. 

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

​Bisiness object history permissions are for viewing version history of the objects it is not related to session logs/session non unicode

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

The app server was herstarted and the users can now view the logs. 

Thanks for the help !

Frederic Taes
RPA Consultant
RoboRana

​Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Sure, my experience is that an access right doesn't necessarily grants exactly one thing which the name implies. Granting the access right to view the process doesn't grants the access to view errors of processes for example, and there's no separate access right for this.
But thanks for sharing the trick with restarting the appserver!

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm