cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility - Environment / Start Process => access denied

TomasKochan
Level 3

Hi, I have batch file containing following script:

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Modeler\18.1.1\bin\clemb.exe" -stream "C:\Users\TomasKochan\Desktop\TEST.str" -P:databasenode.datasource="{DP1H,someID,somePW,false}" -execute

When I open file manually (dbl-click), it executes OK.

When I launch it from Windows RUN command (WIN + R; pass the path to batch file), it also executes OK.

But when I trigger it by action Utility - Environment / Start Process, I get error "Access denied".

My goal is to have Blue Prism's Process execute batch file by Start Process or Run Process Until Ended.

How do these actions work? Why do I get error ?

27442.png
27443.png

------------------------------
Tomas Kochan
FIT advocate
IBM
Europe/Bratislava

7 REPLIES 7

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can directly specify the batch file as application and try.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Tried even that few times. Still "access denied". I wonder if the Windows UAC might block the command. When I first opened batch file manually, I got UAC popped-up to confirm.

Tomas Kochan
FIT advocate
IBM
Europe/Bratislava

Oh UAC Prompt are always an issue, I guess you'll have to disable it in Control Panel also add run as administrator to the batch file.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

I lowered UAC to minimum and seems like it wasn't the case. Any other tips, why double click on .bat file works but Blue Prism's action doesn't ? Note, the path to batch file doesn't have special characters like space, ampersand ...

Tomas Kochan
FIT advocate
IBM
Europe/Bratislava

Hi, Tomas,

can you modify your batch file with following parameters RUNAS /noprofile /user:Tomas "C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Modeler\18.1.1\bin\clemb.exe" -stream "C:\Users\TomasKochan\Desktop\TEST.str" -P:databasenode.datasource="{DP1H,someID,somePW,false}" -execute

This should ensure that you are running under that particular user - I put Tomas username but you change it to whatever is appropriate.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

thanks, when inside batch file it throws "RUN AS" usage help log. When in Arguments field, then it's "Access Denied" again. I tried with my Win username, "Administrator" and all combinations of RUN AS (such as to put in field Application || Arguments || inside batch file)

Tomas Kochan
FIT advocate
IBM
Europe/Bratislava

Hi, Tomas,

what operating system you are running on? Is it Win10 or server?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague