cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
Hi, Version control was mentioned yesterday at the Tech User Group. I had this idea for a change to Blue Prism, which wouldn't solve the problem completely, but seems quite simple and would help immensely. When you export an process/object or create a release package, BP adds into the xml the environment, user and timestamp. Then, when that is imported into the next environment, in the history, rather than show: 15/04/2016 07:43 Imported by Fred Bloggs it would show something like: 15/04/2016 07:43 Imported by Fred Bloggs, originally extracted from {environment} by {user} at {timestamp} Graeme
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
That sounds like a good idea to me Graeme. Den

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
I look forward to seeing it in the next v5 release then 😉

GertLõhmus
Level 4
I do think this is a great idea. This gets my vote.

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
I hope something like this is included in version 6!

IlmariKurssi
Level 3
Also as a version control attribute, a tick box next to the release (in studio) you want to use as active one would be perfect. For example if the latest release is broken, just choose the older one as the active one.

GleydsonFerreir
Level 3
Good idea! It would also help show some segregation of duties we have to abide in some companies. Furthermore, in my organization we have something called ""code review"" and we need to document that it was performed as it has become a control inside the company for safety measures. The way we chose to document is via a digitally signed e-mail containing components and timestamps where we apply segregation of duties and 4-eyes principle. Although it would be really good to have a ""right-click > approve version > *authentication pop-up*"" and have one of those signatures ribbons next to the approved version of the code identified by the user. Commenting on the version control topic because it is kind of a version control.