cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Process Window failing when including Window title

Jonas_Berglund
Level 2
Hi, In one of our Actions, we launch an Internet explorer process that we then need to wait for, in order to continue. When using only process name as input ("iexplore"), BP detects whether the process is launched or not. However, this is fragile to other processes running simultaneously (another IE window open), so it is necessary to incude window title as well. When doing this, neither the entire window title, nor substrings (using wildcards) of it works. Has anyone encountered a similar issue? There is a work-around, using the other application from the process studio, but waiting for the IE process is a much better solution. Thanks, Jonas
2 REPLIES 2

JiriPospisil
Level 4
Hi Jonas, just tested it both with full window name and with wildcards and it worked well; if we will exclude typo then there's just old bp version which came to my mind.. . Btw it shouldn't be hard to workaround it with separate Business Object made only for Internet Explorer, then you can launch and use Wait stage for any element.

Jonas_Berglund
Level 2
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. When using this action (Wait for Process Window) for other processes, it works fine as well. So I think this is highly application-specific. And like you say it is not hard to use a separate BO in the process, we already have a different BO for the browser-based application. Thanks, Jonas