cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait stage abandoned due to an interrupt request

JatinKalra
Level 5
Hi All,

While going through the scheduler terminations logs come across the Internal exception.
ERROR: Internal : Wait stage abandoned due to an interrupt request
This error is encountering in process during Sleep action.

Please help me when we get such kind of error.

------------------------------
Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata
Jatin Kalra Manager Genpact Noida UP [Phone]
3 REPLIES 3

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff

Hello Jatin

By default, a Schedule's task is configured to 'fail fast' (i.e. to immediately terminate the current task) if any sessions fail to start or if they terminate due to an exception.

Consequently, if any of the processes in the Schedule fail, it will then terminate the rest of the processes. As a result, you may encounter the following error message (or similar) in the logs:

"ERROR: Internal :  Wait stage abandoned due to an interrupt request. Process stopped from resource."

To override this behavior, de-select the 'Fail fast on any errors' checkbox, as shown below.

Note: Detecting a task failure works differently when 'fail fast' is enabled, compared to when it is not.

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Karan,

Thanks for writing.

But still unable to get the root cause of problem. 
As why I am getting same error during the Sleep Action of Utility General which is inbuilt utility of BP.
As message is : "Error: Internal :  Wait stage abandoned due to an interrupt request"

As per the logs there is no exception or error prior to that. After performing all task of process and going to Get Next Item from queue in between we have placed a Sleep Action and there itself it is throwing exception as mention above.

Why Sleep action is showing such a behavior that it is throwing Internal Error.

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata

Hi @KaranSareen

Thanks for writing.

But still unable to get the root cause of problem. 
As why I am getting same error during the Sleep Action of Utility General which is inbuilt utility of BP.
As message is : "Error: Internal :  Wait stage abandoned due to an interrupt request"

As per the logs there is no exception or error prior to that. After performing all task of process and going to Get Next Item from queue in between we have placed a Sleep Action and there itself it is throwing exception as mention above.

Why Sleep action is showing such a behavior that it is throwing Internal Error.

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata