cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Automation Dynamic Selectors

Shashi_RanjanKu
Level 3
In the following webpage "http://www.rpachallenge.com/" the position of text fields changes dynamically after clicking submit button.  Help me in automating the webpage for at least 5 excel records. 
8 REPLIES 8

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I did not bother downloading excel, but you can add it yourself, otherwise my blueprism solution is in attachment.  

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Some more thoughts: As long as you can manipulate path this way - it is fine, you can do it in BP. For example, in selenium, this is just one xpath away: '//label[text()=""First Name""]/../input', in UIPath it is also possible to find right field with one selector. When path becomes more unpredictable, you will have hard times finding your elements in BP, however I can think of a few more tricks. If you compare it with UIPath (rpachallenge was originally created for their challenge), they have about the same speed by default, however UIPath has an option to remove sendkeys delay (nice to have, but might lead to problems in some cases).  It is also possible to complete it in like 2 seconds executing JS directly, but it is more like cheating.

where is attachment? i also have problems to get a selector that is sutible for a input field that changes

------------------------------
Michael Tanzi

It used to be here, updated some selectors and reuploading.
Also if you are using Chrome, you can just use xpath and it will be much faster and cleaner.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

thank you so mutch. is this for blue prism? how do import it?

Michael Tanzi

Save as file, import like any other object.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

@AndreyKudinov

Hello Andrey,
thank you very much.
I tried it as you mentioned below with XPath. Here my result:

16523.png
In comparison to my results with Selenium here very fast.
Best regards
Stefan​

Stefan Schnell
Senior Systems Engineer at BWI GmbH

Here the CSV file.

Stefan Schnell
Senior Systems Engineer at BWI GmbH