cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Pages in Chrome now unable to be Identified

JessieBrooks1
Level 2
We have a process that depends on using chrome.  For the past 6 months there hasn't been an issue selecting Items or working within a web page using the chrome browser.  That all changed yesterday. At this point BP is not recognizing any web elements in chrome.   (buttons links text boxes)  When I attempt to validate using the application modeller it will allow me to launch chrome and even Identify an Object. However once I identify an object it will not find (highlight) the object or find other objects.   After the initial find it will essentially say that I'm looking at a chrome legacy window and detail options about Chrome but nothing about the web page displayed in Chrome. To spy another Item I have to close chrome and the Modeller and start over.   This is a very sudden change.   We are using BP 6.4 and we were even using  version 69 of chrome. I have also tested this on the latest version of chrome.  The only true change we've had is the recent round of windows updates.  Rolling back windows updates isn't really an option for us but I'm wondering what in a windows update would break element recognition for chrome?   All of my process that require IE still work.
9 REPLIES 9

JamshedAnwer
Level 2
Experiencing the same issue. I am able to identify the element but when i try to highlight it, it does not get highlighted. Using Chrome version 73. Has anyone got any idea if this issue is related to chrome version number?

Suraj_SinghRana
Level 2
Try with Chrome version 71. It was the only work around we could find and worked for us.

JessieBrooks1
Level 2
Version 71 worked for me.   I had to remember how to disable the auto update but It's at least working now.  Thanks!

Jose_Mariade_Fe
Level 2
Hi all, I have the same problem. Could you give me a link to download the version of google chrome 71 from a secure site? Thank you

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 50.9 MB Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 51.7 MB

Jose_Mariade_Fe
Level 2
Hi amibarrett, Thank you. Very friendly.  

CameronStubber
Level 3
Can we get a pinned post or a notice somewhere on the forums that Chrome later than V71 may experience issues?

MelissaArmstron
Level 2
To make Blue Prism recognize elements in Chrome browser it is necessary to change Chrome settings a bit. 1) In Chrome browser in address bar type "chrome://flags".  2) Search for "Enable network service" flag in search bar "Search flags" 3) Disable this flag and restart Chrome

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
efter the newest Chrome update to 77 we have almost the same issue. Tried to use this fix but it does'nt work. Has anyone else experienced identify/highlight issues with Chrome77? How did you solve it?