cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook Receiver Service - Fail to perform Administration API Configuration

GuilhermeGiachi
Level 2

Hello everyone!

I've recently followed the user guide to configure the Webhook Receiver Service available on DX (Webhook Receiver Service
However, I'm unable to perform API calls to the Administration API exposed by the business object.
I've tried using Postman (using the collection and environment provided alongisde the utility on DX) and I keep getting this error: 35187.png
I updated the host variable to the following value: http://USAZLODVW1:8181/ws/WebhookReceiver which is the Base URL for the Webservice, but it's not working.

I also tried using BP's Web API Service feature but ended up with an error as well.
Can someone please assist?

5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Guilherme Giachini Gorges,

The host variable, in the Postman Collection, is supposed to be set to the URI of the Webhook Receiver REST API exposed via IIS. The URL you've shown above looks like a Blue Prism URI​ for an exposed VBO/process. The Postman Collection, and any SaaS service, will communicate with the Webhook Receiver Service REST API. The Webhook Receiver Service will then communicate with the backend Blue Prism environment via the exposed WebhookReceiver VBO.

Cheers,
Eric

GuilhermeGiachi
Level 2
@ewilson Thank you very much, Eric! I was able to perform the endpoint calls using the URI as you recommended.

However, I'm only able to do so inside the machine that currently hosts the Server (it's the Management Server on BP Cloud), if I try to do it from an external computer I'm unable to.
I'm currently using Blue Prism Cloud, do you happen to know if I need to request an additional Inbound Security Rule for Port 443 in order to allow external calls to the Webhook?

ewilson
Staff
Staff

BPC is typically pretty locked down, so you may have to request that.

Cheers,
Eric​

GuilhermeGiachi
Level 2
@ewilson Thanks again! Just opened the ticket.

On a side note, do you happen to have a more detailed documentation for the Administration API?
I'm trying to run the endpoint /api/v1/admin/queues  to create a Work Queue but I'm not sure how to provide the correct BP Environment where the Queue should be created.
Should I just run the API calls inside the Run Time Resource?

Thanks!

BEst Regards,
Guilherme
​​

ewilson
Staff
Staff

The POST ​/api/v1/admin/queues endpoint doesn't create work queues within Blue Prism. It's just there to provide a simple mapping of existing BP work queues to unique IDs the Webhook service creates for use in the URIs. The expectation is that you will create your queue(s) using the Blue Prism Interactive Client and then use the queues endpoint to notify the Webhook service about the specific queue(s). That's why the payload for that endpoint is just:

{
  "name": "[YOUR WORK QUEUE NAME]"
}

As for documentation, there's the user guide and then the Postman collection includes embedded documentation. Have you looked at that?

35186.png

Cheers,
Eric