cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some use cases for "Run Macro with Parallel" action?

Sheen_AnGoh
Level 2
Hi!   I came across the Excel Automation Guide and in 2.6.2, I realised that we can in fact run threads in paralell for Macros.   With the help of the Blue Prism Support Team, I managed to the action up. I was just wondering what are some examples of the use cases that one would use with this action? How would this help processes to be more effective?   Secondly, if this could be done for excel automation, does it mean we can do multi-threading for other Applications? There are huge possibilities if our robots can do multi-threading work.   Thank you in advance for the answers!
2 REPLIES 2

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
does it mean we can do multi-threading for other Applications?   yes, especially via code stages. now monitoring AND error handling on multiple different thing at the same time will be your next challenge then. Also the question from where you monitor (code stage vs object/process-flow) and overall maintainability if the solution are points to consider.  In my case so far: all the extra ‘savings’ were not worth the extra development time & trouble, except voor very little parts at object level sometimes. 

PavelKrál
Level 5
Hi, i have used paralel macro run but still pop message is blocking it, so it looks like that paralel code is not able to catch the pop-up. any Idea or am i doing something wrong?