cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would anyone be able to share some queries for Splunk reporting on session warning times?

WilsonEgharevba
Level 2

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be able to share some queries in Splunk for reporting on session warning times? Thank you!

Wilson

------------------------------
Wilson Egharevba
3 REPLIES 3

Hey Wilson, 

Their no easy way to determine warning states in the Blue Prism Database. I would suggest downloading the DX asset, Pending Session Starter from the Blue Prism Digital Exchange.

This asset will give you a head start on identifying resources that are in a Pending state. Modify the SQL query to give you the status of all resources, from what I recall a resource that is in a warning state or disconnected will not show in this list. If that's the case, you then have to infer that a resource is in a warning state based on when it started etc. The other option is to submit a Global Support ticket. They may have some additional information. Hope this helps. 

Thanks!

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

Hi Christopher,

Wilson opened a ticket with us in Support earlier this week asking for sample queries for Splunk to report on when warning times have been reached or exceeded, but we don't have anything to provide in this regard other than our general Splunk Integration documentation and a couple of Knowledge Base resources. I directed Wilson to the Community here to see if other customers may have something they're using with Splunk similar to this purpose. Good call-out of the Pending Session Starter on the DX, though -- I agree that modifying the query to report on resource statuses and identifying non-present resources may be a good alternative here. 

Wilson -- as Warning statuses are not located in the database, rather they are calculated in the code itself based on the values in the BPASession table (lastupdated time + warningthreshold time is earlier than (<) the current time = "Warning"), reporting on this status using SQL/other queries may prove difficult. However, perhaps other BP users who have Splunk/Data Gateways integration set up could share some further guidance in this thread on how they may accomplish what you're looking to do here.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Thank you Steve and Christopher,

This is very helpful. I will try it out.

Wilson Egharevba