cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic archiving not working

SindujaNehruji
Level 3
Hi,

I had set up the automatic archiving in the blue Prism server. But I can’t see any logs getting archived. The folder is always empty. It’s been 2 weeks I set the auto-archiving, initially I had the setup to archive the logs older than 3 months and later changed the parameter to older than one week. Still see nothing. Please advise if anything needs to be changed.

3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Archiving is performed by the resource PC you nominated when you configured auto-archiving. If the resource is offline (or constantly busy) then it can't do the archiving. Also check the output folder path is correct and accessible to the nominated resource, and check that there are sessions old enough to be archived.

SindujaNehruji
Level 3
@John Carter​​​

I have setup archiving in the server itself and it is not used for any process run. Moreover, it is not offline or busy as it is the server. and the path is accessible too. There are logs for more than 3 months, but couldn't see any archiving happening even for a single day.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Archiving is not performed by the server service, it requires a running instance of resource PC (automate.exe). That instance could be running on the server machine, but care would need to be taken that during archiving the resource PC does not compete with the service for performance. Ideally the resource PC would be on a separate machine.