cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check whether an instance of Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) exists, if yes, kill process.

Prashanth_Kuma2
Level 2
Hi Through a process i am opening a browser based application and fetching data and closing it. My question is how to check the instance of the Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) exists, if yes, how to kill process?
4 REPLIES 4

MichalBogucki
Level 3
hi, try ""iexplore"" regards, Michael

ChethanKumar
Level 2
Hi, you first need to check whether the IE is connected to blue prism or not, to do this you can use isconnected property in read stage and pass the top most element in the application modeler, if the output is true , then there is an IE instance which is already opened, and to kill that instance use Kill process action and send ""iexplore"" as input ,which will kill all the instances of the Internet Explorer Thanks

Sambashiva_RaoT
Level 4
In the Utility - Environment object, we have a ""kill process"" action, it kills the process. For example : ""iexplore"" , if this process is running it will be terminated, if not it wont do anything. This will avoid the overhead of checking the whether the process is attached to BP or not

LalanShirsat
Level 2
Hi, I have used Kill process action. Still in unattended mode it is keeping last sessions of IE. I am using IE 11. Any other approach for it? Thanks Lalan