cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

click action on web element not working

RaghunathChowdh
Level 2
The click action works perfectly fine in Dev environment but fails in UAT.
We are using BP v6.10.3 and I have tried identifying the element both in Browser mode and UI Automation mode. None seems working, 
I have added steps to focus[in Navigate stage] as well. Also added Press action in one navigate stage and global mouse click center in another. Still not able to click in UAT environment.

------------------------------
Raghunath Chowdhary
11 REPLIES 11

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Raghunath,

Might be worth comparing the screen/browser settings for both you dev and UAT environments.
Additionally, you could also revisit the attributes you've selected for your spied button, its always a good practice to select the bare minimum attributes to keep it as generic as possible.

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

AndreKöpplin
Level 5
Hello Raghunath

I want to ask, how you resolve this issue?

We're currently have all of our BOTs in BPv6.10 and we're facing similar Problems. Process is running well in SIT and UAT, but in Production the BOT is unable to click/select anything in the application in Edge.

Thanks
Andre

Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw

Hi @AndreKöpplin,

Is the version of browsers same in both the environment?
Please verify if the browser extension is enabled in the production environment. Also, please check the attributes selection of the processes. If you have used xpath in the attributes selection, then it can vary from dev environment to prod environment.​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hello Manpreet

The version of Edge is the same. I run the Bot in attended Mode on the Business User enviroment from Control Room. Bot is unable to touch the required elements. I terminate the Bot and run the same script with SIT rights in Debug Mode (same enviroment and User) and the Bot is able to touch. The credentials, as well as the user are the same.

We reduce the number of attribites to a minimum. We didn't use xpath, because this has been in the past for us already a big challenege.

Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw

Hi @AndreKöpplin,

Can you try spying any one element in SIT and check what attributes have changed from dev to SIT?

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi Andre,

Simple thing, easily forgotten: Have you verified the screen resolution on your production box against your development box?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

@ManpreetKaur1

We spyed the elements with the Production Application in SIT and veryfied it. Therfore, there can't be any changes. We also use the production user to spy it as one of our troubleshootings.

@PvD_SE

What you mean with production box/ development box? 
​​

Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw

Hi @AndreKöpplin,

Are you using Surface automation to spy the application?
Also, production box/development box means development/production environment​​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi Andre,

SIT & UAT would be your development and test environments, each on a separate computer, Production is the environment where you have problems, and I assume this is yet another computer. With verified and correct versions of BP, the processes and the applications, and the problem occurring only in the production environment, the cause might be an environment issue in the production environment, one of which could be a different screen resolution on the production computer.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)