cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection status as"validating" in control room>>resource

ankitbass
Level 4
After logging into BP in runtime resource & then navigating to control room, the runtime resource connection status is "validating" under Resource section (see attachment). Can you help me out in resolving the issue so that app server connection status shows connected. This occurs for other runtime resources also.

Other points:-
1)App server in place
2)connection mode: message
3) BP server service running.
4) Using SSO

------------------------------
ankit bass
sme
s and p global
Asia/Kolkata
11 REPLIES 11

I used "Register & communicate using FQDN" in System>>settings.
Post that used the command
"cd C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate
start Automate.exe /resourcepc /public /invisible /sso"

Now app server and runtime resources are shown as connected in control room>>resources. Able to schedule also.

Above is working when in UAT I have 1 app server. But in Prod its not working where I have 2 app servers and F5 LB.
In prod, 50% runtime resources are shown as connect to app server A and remaining 50% app servers are shown as connected to app server B in Control Room>>Resources. Any idea on this ?
I think all runtime resources should be shown as connected.

ankit bass
sme
s and p global
Asia/Kolkata

Maybe your issue is connected to BP-1403 bug?
ID BP-1403
Introduced in  Blue Prism version 6.7
Status Fixed in versions 6.9 (BP-1403), 6.7.3 (BP-1418) and 6.8.1 (BP-1419).
Issue Some customers reported they were experiencing intermittent connection issues between runtime resources and application servers.

Within Blue Prism Control Room when using 6.7 or above, runtime resources are intermittently presented with:

• State: Missing 
  • Session info: Connection Lost
  • Connection: Validating…

Diagnosis:

• In Blue Prism 6.7.0, we introduced a change to help customers diagnose complex networking issues
  • The change performs a Reverse DNS lookup to get the machine hostname from an IP address
  • In some customer environments, the DNS record can't be found, and other mechanisms have been switched off
  • Combining the Reverse DNS lookup issue with the Blue Prism 6.7 change can cause runtime resources to timeout

Solution:

• To better cater for Reverse DNS lookup issues in Blue Prism.
Workaround Reconfigure Reverse DNS to ensure all machine names can convert and resolve to IP Addresses.
For details on DNS related configuration, please consult your Network support or vendor. 

Tomasz Sukiennik
RPA Developer
Digital Teammates
Europe/Lodz