cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between html element and web element

DungLe
Level 3
does any one know what is the differences between html element vs web element?
i m using 6.5.1 and only see web element, previous version ( last time i work is 5.5) i still see html element.

------------------------------
Dung Le
Dev
DXC
Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh
3 REPLIES 3

LeanbridgeTechn
Level 2
HTML Tags Vs Elements. Technically, an HTML element is the collection of start tag, its attributes, an end tag and everything in between. On the other hand an HTML tag (either opening or closing) is used to mark the start or end of an element, as you can see in the above illustration.

Leanbridge Technologies

MarkStallard
Level 3
Dung Le wrote:

does any one know what is the differences between html element vs web element?
i m using 6.5.1 and only see web element, previous version ( last time i work is 5.5) i still see html element.

I assume you're talking about changes to spying modes for web pages in the Application Modeler. It sounds to me like you are not only using a different version of Blue Prism now, you are also automating a different web browser.

What I noticed in version 6.1, which only supported Internet Explorer, was that we used HTML Mode to spy web page elements in IE. When I started using version 6.4 and the Chrome Browser Extension, we spied page elements in Browser Mode, and HTML Mode was renamed to IE HTML Mode. I believe the two modes are roughly equivalent, but they use different methods for storing spied data.

Are you, indeed, using Blue Prism with Google Chrome now?

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Mark Stallard
Software Developer
Raytheon Company
America/New_York

Yes. i m working on BluePrism/Chrome and have an old package from previous version ( don't know exactly version number).
when i import old package into 6.5.1 , it is still HTML element but when i spy new element, only Web element appears.
There isn't any issue but just want to know more about it.

Dung Le
Dev
DXC
Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh