cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eventViewer.jspsql=suppressEcls.... shortcuts created on descktop

ManojSharma
Level 2
Hi All,

I am facing an issue in my process that runs all through the day. 
Process information: We have automated a process that interacts with a Web Application in IE. If there is any Exception (for any reason), we capture that and send an email for the same. For this  BOT to access the Web Application we have created a user that has its own VCI.

Problem: We found out that on this BOT VCI, multiple shortcuts are created with the name eventViewer.jspsql=suppress......... (here the name of the file is very big, and due to client data I won't be able to mention the whole filename). I checked the file create timing and the timings of the exception but they are not the same. there is no relation between the eventviewer files and the exceptions from the BOT.

What is interesting here is that these files are created only on the BOT VCI and in the past when any actual user was working with the web application, this issue never came up in which shortcuts are created on the desktop.

Any help with this issue? what might be the cause? Thanks in Advance 

Br,

------------------------------
Manoj Sharma
2 REPLIES 2

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Assuming there's not something in the bot process itself that is generating those files, you could try running Process Monitor. I believe it can tell you which process is actually creating the files, as long as it's running when the files are created. Could help to narrow things down.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for your response..!
We do not have access to the BOT VCI from where we can see the process monitor. 
I had a discussion with the Web App development team (Who takes care of the Web app which we have automated) and they told me that it's not possible for the Web app to create these shortcut event viewer files on desktop by itself. Clearly, we have not Idea why and How these files are creating by itself.
Any Suggestions?

Br,
Manoj Sharma

Manoj Sharma