cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing multiple SQL statements

AlexHowarth
Level 3
Hello there I'm trying to get Blue Prism to execute a single SQL query that has multiple statements in it, via the ODBC business object. I get an error message saying I need to end the transaction after each DDL statement, so I'm presuming if I split the query up and execute each statement individually, it will work. This will take me some time and understandably I want to solve this in the quickest way possible! Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Is there a way I can execute multiple statements in a single execution? I've googled the issue and found a few possible workarounds, but they haven't worked...... Thanks Alex
1 REPLY 1

Hi Alex,

I am assuming that although there are mulitple statements, only one of them return data. If this is the case, i recommend using SET NOCOUNT ON in the begining of the query. This will ensure that the OBDC connection waits till the very end for the results to come back.

On the other hand if you have multiple results, then i dont think ODBC can support that. Eitherway, your SQL VBO will only expect one type of data and hence there wont be a way to bind multiple result sets to the return data item

------------------------------
Bimal Sebastian
Consultant
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata
------------------------------