cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exportpackage can't export existing release in BP v6.5.1

JirongHu
Level 3
We are using BP v6.5.1, and I can't find this exportpackage function in this version's Help doc.

The latest v6.8 Help has this function, but I can't use it to export an existing release, see the error below. Any idea how to export an existing release in v6.5.1?

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpCommandLine.htm
/exportpackage <packagename> [/release <releasename>]
Exports the current version of the named Blue Prism package from the database to the local file system. To export a previous release of a package, use the optional [/release <releasename>] parameter.

C:\Workspace\BluePrism\BluePrism>AutomateC.exe /user JHu Password /exportpackage DevOps /release DevOpsRelease2
Error processing action: exportpackage.
BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.NameAlreadyExistsException: A release with the name 'DevOpsRelease2' already exists for this package
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsPackage.CreateRelease(String name, Boolean autoAddToPackage)
at AutomateC.AutomateC.j(String[] s)

------------------------------
Jirong Hu
Jirong DevOps RBC
4 REPLIES 4

I think the error is because you are trying to reuse the same release name. Here are some suggestions to potentially avoid this error:

-Export the package with a new release name such as "DevOpsRelease3"
-Export the package with the same release name, but try using the /overwrite switch to handle the conflict.
-Don't use the /release parameter, as it is optional. /exportpackage without the /release paramater will give you the current version, so /release is really intended for when you want to restore an old release.

#commandline
#cmd

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

-Export the package with a new release name such as "DevOpsRelease3", will create a new release. This is NOT what I want. My job is to automate the release to QA when somebody created in DEV.

-Export the package with the same release name, but try using the /overwrite switch to handle the conflict.
The /overwrite doesn't work as shown below.

C:\RBC2019\Workspace\BluePrism\BluePrism\Release>AutomateC.exe /user JHu Password#2 /exportpackage DevOps /release DevOpsRelease2 /overwrite

Error processing action: exportpackage.

BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.NameAlreadyExistsException: A release with the name 'DevOpsRelease2' already exists for this package

at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsPackage.CreateRelease(String name, Boolean autoAddToPackage)

at AutomateC.AutomateC.j(String[] s)

My understanding is:

1.      There is no way to export an existing release (created in the past) as an XML file.

2.      The only time a release can be saved as an XML file is at the time when release is created.

If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise) immediately. You have consented to receive the attached electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a copy of this confirmation for future reference.

Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s) ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.

Jirong DevOps RBC

It seems there is indeed a limitation on Release's name
It is prohibited to create a new release with same name as that of a previous release,  out of the same package . ( attached screenshot)
I think this should be changed as this would be an obstacle in some cases like what Jirong is trying to achieve

Harshit Rawat

You have to think of this in terms of the Release/Package Manager. Once a release is created, with a specific name, you can't create or modify it again - as you said. You can modify and existing package though. In other words you can go back change the contents of the package.

FWIW - The /exportpackage flag has been a part of AutomateC since at least 6.4, likely earlier.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism