cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistency between Dev(Test) and Prod

DawidPekala
Level 4
hi, so we have 2 instances of our main (internally developed) software (CRM system). One for Dev/Tes, one for Prod. We have entire array of pop-up messages when opening accounts and Robots handle these by clicking OK on any window below certain size. Problem we currently experiencing is that one of the pop-up windows seem to be different between Dev and Prod. In order to handle these pop-ups we spied a generic window (see attached). This works in Dev, however when a certain pop-up window (error message) comes up in Prod the robot cannot recognise it. Now - taking Style and/or Class Type values off the specification causes multiple elements to be identified (buttons/lables as well as windows), so that is not an option. Has anyone came accross such behaviour / can it be handle in a different way? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards Dawid
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
To clarify - the different popups in Dev/Prod - are you talking about the environment for the process, or are you talking about a separate VM cluster? If your VMs are all built the same, that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I will say though, that I've lost count of how many times we've had a process interact with an environment that was different in prod compared to dev, despite people telling us ""there's no difference whatsoever."" If you've genericized the selectors as much as possible, then it's likely that it's an entirely different element and will need to be spied out separately.

DawidPekala
Level 4
There are a few differences. 1 we are proactively RDSing into DEV environment, whereas PROD robots are constantly running on VM with listener on. From what I understand when our internal software is released to live they compile it for PROD, so I wouldn't be surprised if the GUI elements end up being slightly different. Thanks 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
This paper presents the case for using live apps/data in a pre-Prod environment. https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/blue-prism-introducing-your-proc…