cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with Decipher Server

NisthaAgarwal
Level 4
Hi,

I have procured decipher license and I have installed all the software required for Decipher. But for configuration of Decipher server we are facing issue (Decipher server is not Running). I have followed the installation guide.  Can You please suggest the solution for this. Thank you !!

Blue prism Version:- 6.9.0

Decipher 1.0

------------------------------
Nistha Agarwal
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Nistha,

One of the reasons the Decipher Server Service won't start is if the ImageStorageRoot location has an invalid folder location. You can use the troubleshooting guide to verify if this is the case;

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/decipher/troubleshooting.htm

Without any error messages or logs it is difficult to say. If this is not the ImageStorageRoot location, I would recommend that you raise a support ticket for further assistance.

Regards

Chris

Chris McGowan
Senior Technical Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi, Nistha,

can you look in Even Viewer what the message for Decipher Server says? From the picture it is clear there is an issue with Decipher Licensing Service as it is in Starting mode and therefore Decipher Server won't start until Licensing Service is started. Did you point the Licensing Service to Blue Prism database and did you upload Decipher license into Blue Prism environment?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk Kabátek
I have connected the  Licensing service with blue prism data base and also added the decipher license to the blue prism but  still getting same issue . even i also reinstalled the decipher package. Can you suggest what i can do? 
Thank you !!

Thanks
Nistha

Nistha Agarwal

Hi, Nistha,

did you try restarting the machine in between? My experience is that when Licensing Service is in Starting mode you may need to restart the machine and sometimes two times to get it up and running. Don't ask me why but this is how I made it work for several clients.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

NisthaAgarwal
Level 4
Hi,
i am getting following error while running the decipher srvices
Failed to initialize the server. System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> MassTransit.RequestTimeoutException: Timeout waiting for response, RequestId: 640a0000-12e4-00ff-7d3b-08d900cad881 at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MassTransit.Clients.ResponseHandlerConnectHandle`1.<GetTask>d__11.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MassTransit.Clients.RequestClient`1.<GetResponseInternal>d__8`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at CustomLicModule.LicManager.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<<IsLicenseValid>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at CustomLicModule.LicManager.IsLicenseValid() at SsiServer.Licensing.Volume.VolumeLicenseCustom.InitCustomLicenseManager() at SsiServer.Licensing.LicenseManager.ActivateVolumeLicense(String licenseKey, String proxyName) at SsiServer.SsiServer.ApplyLicenseConfig(Configuration config) at SsiServer.SsiServer.ApplyConfig(Configuration config) at SsiServer.SsiServer..ctor(Configuration config) at SsiServer.Program.Start(String[] args) ---> (Inner Exception #0) MassTransit.RequestTimeoutException: Timeout waiting for response, RequestId: 640a0000-12e4-00ff-7d3b-08d900cad881 at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MassTransit.Clients.ResponseHandlerConnectHandle`1.<GetTask>d__11.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MassTransit.Clients.RequestClient`1.<GetResponseInternal>d__8`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at CustomLicModule.LicManager.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<<IsLicenseValid>b__0>d.MoveNext()<---

can you please suggest me . how i can resolve this issue.
Thanks and regards
Nistha

Nistha Agarwal

Hi, Nistha,

check the content of the following directories for log files
for Decipher server c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Decipher\ApplicationServer\Logs\ - it is very likely there will be nothing but I want to be sure.
for Licensing Service c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Blue Prism\Decipher Licensing Service\ there must be a log file. If you find withing log file this 2021-04-16 10:26:36.4499|DEBUG|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.LicensingRequestHandler|Checking license validity, of course with different time stamp then your license check is fine. But you may also find an error message which will guide us into resolution.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi,

Had same issue - when Decipher Login service startup type is set to "Automatic" - it hangs in status "Starting". Then only kill the service process helps. I believe that this is because of other services dependencies (which are NOT in the service profile) or some conflict in resources when starting services

You can try two ways that works for me:
- Set the Decipher Login service to startup type "Automatic (Delayed Start)"
- Set the service to startup type "Manual" if the first suggestion does not work for you - but then after each restart of the server you will need to run the service manually

- There's a way to assign dependencies for the service but for that more internal service built knowledge is needed

BR,
Mindaugas

Mindaugas Breskus
Software engineer
Swedbank
Europe/Vilnius

Hi,

I see below error message in the log, but Decipher Licensing service is running fine, we are unable to start Decipher server service

2022-07-01 00:03:49.2728|DEBUG|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.LicensingRequestHandler|Checking license validity
2022-07-01 00:03:49.4328|ERROR|BluePrism.Decipher.LicensingService.DataAccess.BluePrismLicensingClient|System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 's-d.blueprism.db'.

With the same SQL account Blue prism is running fine on the same app server. do you think using same SQL user(s-d.blueprism.db) for Blue prism and decipher is causing the issue. Uploaded logs. Please advise

Saiful Khan

Hello, Saiful,

if the same account -  's-d.blueprism.db' - is used for BP Application server try to type the password again because you might have mistyped it during installation. The message clearly states that this account cannot log in in MSSQL server. If it is being used by BP App server the only reason should be incorrect password as the account should have the right permissions for Blue Prism database.

You can try it when going to Control Panel/add remove programs and choose Decipher Licensing service and repair. It will present the configuration steps again so that you can correct everything what is needed.

After that restart the computer and let us know.

Regards

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague