cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Press" ,  "Global Mouse Click" ,  "Global Mouse Click Centre"

sumire
Level 8

Hello,

If anyone knows what the technical difference is between "Press" ,  "Global Mouse Click" ,  "Global Mouse Click Centre" used for clicking on elements, please explain to me.
I want to know the technical basis for which one is best to use for which element.

------------------------------
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Mitsuko,

These functions are all for selecting a button and have slightly different ways of working.

1. Press - this sends code to the application to simulate this button has been pushed. This is the most reliable of the functions.
2. Global mouse click centre - This function moves the mouse to the centre of the object and will then action the left mouse button to select it.
3. Global mouse click - This function moves the mouse to the location specified in the navigate action with X,Y co-ordinates, this can be risky as windows do not always appear in the same space as last time.

I would use these in the order I have listed and see how you get on, have a look at your application modeller and ensure that you have selected the correct element that is a button type.

Hope this helps!

Ronan

Ronan Considine Senior Business Analyst Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mitsuko,

These functions are all for selecting a button and have slightly different ways of working.

1. Press - this sends code to the application to simulate this button has been pushed. This is the most reliable of the functions.
2. Global mouse click centre - This function moves the mouse to the centre of the object and will then action the left mouse button to select it.
3. Global mouse click - This function moves the mouse to the location specified in the navigate action with X,Y co-ordinates, this can be risky as windows do not always appear in the same space as last time.

I would use these in the order I have listed and see how you get on, have a look at your application modeller and ensure that you have selected the correct element that is a button type.

Hope this helps!

Ronan

Ronan Considine Senior Business Analyst Blue Prism

sumire
Level 8

Hello @RonanConsidine,

Thank you for reply.
Do I understand your explanation correctly?

You mean "Global Mouse Click Centre" behaves as same as manual input?

35059.png
​​
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo

AloknathSingh
Level 4
yes global mouse click center works same as we press the button manually using left click of Mouse pad

@sumire

Regards,
Alok​