Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Window Corruption?

pdixon0
Staff
Staff
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and has managed to fix it?

We're running Blue Prism 6.6 with 70 robots and 200+ processes.  We've been running Blue Prism for many years now (npower) with a wealth of experience.

The issue I'm seeing is that in Blue Prism Control Room, the display of Resources in the Resources Window become corrupted if we scroll within the window.  We also can't see any Resources in the Resource window if we look in the Scheduler, either existing or new.

This occurs on both VM's and physical machines, it occurs no matter which App Server I connect through and also if I connect directly to the database server, which rules out an App Server problem.

I've tried numerous things including ensuring the minimum number of Resources remain in Resource Management and also in the BPAResource table, restarting application server services on both App Servers, rebooting database and application servers.  I've even rebuilt all indexes within the database to no avail.

We have two other Business instances using the same underlying infrastructure for the VM's (we use separate database and application servers for each instance however) and the other instances don't have the same problem.

I have a feeling it's down to the peer-to-peer connectivity between the resources, but that should have also manifested itself with our other two instances as the resources are all hosted in the same HyperV cluster.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 🙂

------------------------------
Paul Dixon
RPA Operations Manager
Innogy
4 REPLIES 4

boiko
Staff
Staff

Hi Paul,

Hope you're well.

In regards to this issue with your Control Room view, what can you see in the Resource - Management? Do you have all of the resources in a different folders or some of the resources are outside default folder?

16220.png

Thanks,

Tomas

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Paul.  Looking at the known issues in v6.6 (accessible via a link on its download page) I can't see anything similar to what you describe.    If you have not done so already I suggest raising a ticket with our support team,  send them some screenshots of this strange behaviour and they will be able to search to see if it is a problem they have seen reported before and solved or if it is something they need to work with you to investigate.

Den

Denis Dennehy
Head of Customer Success, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Hi guys

Thanks for this - yeah, I think I'll get a ticket raised Denis thanks.

Tomas - yes, we have our resource batched up in subfolders.

Just for interest, this is what I'm seeing:

On screen load:
16225.jpg

After scrolling:
16226.jpg

Thanks

Paul Dixon
RPA Operations Manager
Innogy
Europe/London

Just an update - I got to the bottom of this and fixed it.

Turned out to be a slow network connection to one machine within the resource group.  This was my laptop which is connected via VPN, whereas the other resources are all located in the same Data Centre with the Database and App Servers.

I retired my laptop in the Manager Resources window and all is now well.

So, this appears to be a bit of a bug in Blue Prism as if your resource peer to peer connectivity is slow even for a single resource, it breaks the Control Room resource windows for both Scheduler and Session Management in 6.6.

Paul Dixon
RPA Operations Manager
Innogy
Europe/London